Why I’m loving the Huawei P20 Lite
It’s a bit of a different topic for me to be covering but today I wanted to have a little rave about my phone as it has really surprised me.
To give a little background… ever since I’ve owned a phone I’ve been driven by the latest trends and what everyone else was using (going from the likes of the Nokia 3310, to a fancy flip up phone, and eventually making the move over to an iPhone) but last year I decided to go against the grain and move from Apple to Huawei. The biggest reason was that, quite frankly, I couldn’t justify the crazy monthly cost of owning an iPhone that was going to slow down and need replacing after a year or 2. I finally decided to bite the bullet and try something a lot more budget friendly, but still with all the gadgets and features that I’d expect from something a lot more expensive.
Say hello to my Huawei P20 Lite, and a few more reasons why I love it so much…
- The dual camera. I’ll be honest, one of the main reasons I was toying with upgrading to a newer iPhone was to make sure I could take advantage of Apple’s famous dual camera and portrait mode. Low and behold, the P20 Lite has its own dual camera with portrait and wide aperture modes to give you those lovely, blurry backgrounds without a DSLR.
- The additional storage. One of my biggest gripes with the iPhone was that you couldn’t add any extra storage for music, photos and whatever else you fancied saving, but luckily the P20 Lite supports an extra SD card up to 256GB. You better believe I’ve had many car-eoke sessions since I filled my phone with years worth of classics.
- The choice of colours. Just because it’s a more budget friendly phone doesn’t mean you’re just stuck with a standard black model. The P20 Lite does come in black, but is also available in gold, blue and pink, and I do have to say it’s a gorgeous shade of baby pink that I still love to look at.
- That famous notch. I think you’ll either love or hate this feature, but I’m definitely a fan of the ‘notch’ style display – very much inspired by the iPhone X. I like that it opens up the (already large) screen and also seems to make a large number of apps look even better. Don’t worry if you’re not a fan of this look… it can easily be turned off in the settings!
- The extras you might not have expected. As well as a good camera and the additional storage, this phone also boasts face recognition, great battery life (I can sometimes go 2 or 3 days without charging..) and there’s been no need to worry about apps as Play Store has had everything I’ve needed so far.
If anyone is in the market for a new phone and grudges paying the increasing monthly phone bills then I’d highly recommend the Huawei P20 Lite for great value-for-money and a phone that couldn’t be easier to use. I’d love to know – are you a fan of Huawei?