It appears I’ve caught the beauty box bug since I picked up the Sunday Riley Glossybox…
Ever since beauty subscription boxes appeared in the beauty world I’ve been curious about their contents and if they’re really worth the money. Fast forward to the end of September this year, and after seeing an advert for a 2-for-1 offer from Birchbox on Instagram, I thought it was about time I gave beauty boxes a chance. I swiftly signed up for the September box with a mystery box also included, all for the grand price of £12.95 (£10 box and £2.95 P&P).
You might be wondering why I’m posting about the October box and not the September box… silly me forgot to cancel the membership before I was charged for another box. A bit of a happy accident it turns out, as I definitely wasn’t disappointed with what arrived in all 3 boxes (I also received the May Birchbox as my extra mystery box).
I’m sure you just want to see what was inside my October Birchbox so I’ll stop rambling on.
Inside the October box I found:
- BeautyPro Thermotherapy Warming Gold Foil Mask (full size, RRP £5.95)
- Winky Lux Strobing Balm in Radiant Pink (sample size, full size RRP £15)
- Amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask (sample size, full size RRP £20)
- Daily Concepts Multi-Functional Charcoal Soap Sponge (full size, RRP £6)
- Doucce Luscious Lip Stain in Amber Rose (sample size, full size RRP £21)
- Calvin Klein Women Eau de Parfum (sample size, full size RRP from £39)
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the contents of the box and liked that it felt more catered towards my skin and makeup preferences thanks to the beauty profile you set up when subscribing to Birchbox. My skin concern is dehydration so I was happy to see a couple of nourishing products in there to try, and as a fan of makeup that leaves skin with a healthy glow, the strobing balm was a very welcome addition.
I’m excited to try a number of new brands thanks to this box and I’ll be sure to report back on how I get on as I haven’t actually had a chance to give anything a go yet!
P.S In case you wanted to know what was in the September box, here’s a peek…